Host: John Cairns – Rates: ($NZ): $89-135/night – Accommodations: 12 guest rooms – Address: 116 Brougham Street, Wellington, New Zealand – Telephone: + 64 4 93945, Free phone: 0800 939939 (NZ only) – Website
General Information: Welcome to The Richmond Guest House in Wellington, New Zealand … a 100 year old villa nestled in a quiet street in Mt. Victoria, just five minutes walk to the city via Courtney place. Made into a guest house by its current owner and proprietor John Cairns, we have 12 rooms all with there own en-suite bathrooms.
To quote your host John Cairns, ‘We don’t claim to be the Hilton’, but if you are travelling to Wellington for business or pleasure, for one night or ten, we offer clean, comfortable accommodation at an affordable price, with single, double, twin and triple rooms, each with good beds and linen, and their own en suite bathrooms with plenty of hot water. So next time you come to Wellington pay us a visit, Your “home away from home”.
- Clean, comfortable accommodation at an affordable price
- En-suite rooms, many facilities, central location and free parking
- We have a guests kitchen and dining room where complimentary tea, coffee and hot chocolate is always available, plus we have free Internet including wireless, a television lounge with Sky TV, and telephone and laundry facilities. (Please note: We are 100% non-smoking)
- Situated just five minutes walk to the city via Courtenay Place and fifteen to Te Papa Museum. Within a ten minute drive (and on the shuttle bus route) for bus, rail and inter island ferry terminals and the airport (it costs about NZ$20.00 for two people from the airport to Richmond Guest House)
- Short drive to the railway station, bus depot and the Lynx ferry (five minutes)
- On the Super Shuttle route to the inter-island ferry and airport (ten minutes)
“John was an amazing host, very friendly, had great stories, and extremely accommodating. The room itself was massive, and the antique furniture was a great touch!”
“We spent a week at Richmond guest house. Everybody was kind and made us feel like at home. The hotel is located 20 minutes from the city center and has all facilities. Very good breakfast, laundry service, fresh towels every day.”
“We would definitely come back and stay here in the future! Definitely one of the best deals in Wellington!”
“I couldn’t recommend John and Richmond guest house enough. I only stayed one night, but I couldn’t fault the accommodation. Great location for price, comfortable rooms with every ring that you need & a great host.”
“It was a great experience, cheap price for great location. The room is renovated recently, has been maintained well. It’s quiet and private. There is reserved parking space in front of the accommodation. John, the owner, is such a kind person, offered the great help and sight seeing advices. He has a sense of humor and kindly prepares breakfast for everyone. Thank you John!”