Hosts: Joachim, Bev and Family – Rates: ($CAD): From $59/day/person – Accommodations: 16 Cottages – Address: 17592 Hwy. 35, Algonquin Highlands, Ontario, Canada K0M 1J2 – Telephone: (705) 489-2020, 1-800-461-1422 – Website
General Information: Welcome to Sandy Lane Resort located in the Algonquin Highlands, 30 minutes from Haliburton, Ontario, Canada just outside of Minden (just 2.5 hours north of Toronto). We are situated on the waterfront of the beautiful shores of crystal clear Halls Lake and within driving distance to Algonquin Park.
Enjoy our cottages with wood burning fireplaces, sun decks, BBQ’s, Banquet Hall – all part of a great location for family vacations and classy country wedding receptions by the lake. Sandy Lane is ideal for all activities such as snowmobile adventure, hiking, with lots of snow and lots of trails.
- Cottages by the lake
- Four seasons of rest, relaxation, and activity in the rugged beauty of Haliburton Highlands
- Sandy Lane offers comforts of home
- Coupled with a beautiful lakeside in an outdoor setting
- During the summer, relax by the lake, enjoy the view from your sun deck, paddle through calm waters or take a bike ride around Halls Lake
- During the winter, glide around our lit outdoor rink, ski on the lake or slide down our family toboggan run or just bubble away in a private hot tub “under the stars”
Reviews: “We took the kids for a week and they loved it the toboggan hill at the back of our cottage the skating and the hot tub. The owners are very friendly and helpful. This is our 3rd trip during the winter and will be looking at a summer visit.”
“Our daughter and her fiancée held their wedding at Sandy Lane Resort at the end of September. Joachim and his staff were amazing and helpful and very accommodating, enabling them to stay within their wedding budget. The beds were comfortable and cabins clean with everything we needed to be comfortable. I would come back for a vacation in the future.”
“I recommend this place to anyone looking for a nice getaway. So far I’ve only been there in the winter, but I can only imagine the fun I would have there in the summer!”