Hosts: Stan and Elaine Shaw – Rates: (£GBP): £305-460/week – Accommodations: 2 Traditional Stone Cottages – Address: Wall Nook, Barkisland, Halifax HX4 0BL West Yorkshire, England – Telephone: +44-1422-372662, Mobile: +44-79 26-264827 – Website
General Information: Welcome to Cherry Tree House and Cottages in West Yorkshire, England … situated close to a quiet Calderdale village at an altitude of 750 feet in the Yorkshire South Pennines, with two acres of natural heather and woodland garden and direct access to open countryside and footpaths. Our two cottages, Cherry Tree Cottage and Heather Bank Cottage are available all year and we can promise you a friendly personal welcome.
Both cottages are annually inspected by the English Tourism Council and have been awarded a 4 stars grading. Cherry Tree Cottage (4 stars – sleeps 4) is a two-bedroomed 19th century stone cottage recently renovated to retain the original features. Heather Bank Cottage (4 stars – sleeps 2-4) has a quiet outlook over extensive woodland/heather garden and the surrounding countryside.
- There is direct access from both cottages to the large two acre wildlife garden, with pond, trees and heather banks
- Both cottages are connected to a wireless broadband network for free internet and e-mail access
- Prices are fully inclusive and cover all linen, towels, soap, heating, cooking, lighting, hot water and hot baths/showers
- Central Heating is under visitor’s control, and is available all year round at no extra charge
- Laundry and drying facilities are also freely available in Cherry Tree House and Cherry Tree Cottage
- Both cottages have Freeview TV and a DVD player. There is a small selection of recorded DVDs
- Short Break and Mid Week holidays are available all Year
- There are many good pubs and restaurants in the local area, some within walking distance
- Children will find the whole garden adventurous, with rope swings and rocks to climb
- Pets are welcome at no extra charge
Reviews: “Stan and Elaine are very friendly owners who obviously work very hard to make this the perfect place to stay in a fabulous area.”
“A comfortable, thoughtfully equipped cottage. We enjoyed the local walks, going into Ripponden, and shopping at the farm shop in the village.”
“A beautiful place – inside and out! 4 stars well deserved. Enjoyed your company too.”